New World is the newly released MMO by Amazon Games Studios that will take you into the exploration of a fictional land that was is based off of the Americas. You will be looking to harvest resources, craft items, get control of settlements, complete quests, explore, PVP, or fight off monsters. As you head into this dangerous world, you will need to know how to get yourself some Basil for cooking. We’ll show you how in this guide.
We also have posts for ingredients and herbs like Salt, Rice, Parsley, Paprika, Oregano, Nutmeg, Mint, Peppercorn, Ginger, Garlic, Cinnamon, Sugar, and Dill!
To locate Basil in New World, you will need to head out into the wilds and locate bushes labeled as Herbs. While you can find these all over the land, only certain regions will yield Basil, which are Everfall, Brimstone Sands (not currently available), and Brightwood. Herb bushes are relatively tall and feature purple blossoms that look like lavender!
We recommend you target your focus on Everfall and to the western side of it around the Stolen Shores. This area has quite a few Herb bush spawns that you can gather from. Keep in mind that you won’t always get Basil each time you harvest a bush. It is random chance and is determined by your skill level.
Here’s a look at all of the known locations for Herb bush spawns in Everfall (Credit to New World Map):
Brightwood unfortunately either has very few spawns or they have not all been found yet. You can find Basil in that region, but Everfall appears to be the best option currently.
Basil is not a super common ingredient in cooking, but you will need it to craft the following recipes.
- Bear Flank Pinwheels – Increase Strength by 18 and Constitution by 12 for 35 minutes.
- Butter Poached Game – Increase Constitution by 6 and Intelligence by 4 for 25 minutes.
- Creamed Corn – Increases your minimum gear score when crafting Engineering items by 12. Increases your maximum gear score when crafting Engineering items by 12. Effects last for 35 minutes.
- Fish with Tomato and Basil – Increase Intelligence by 6 and Constitution by 4 for 25 minutes.
- Pesto-stuffed Turkey Breast – Increase Strength by 18 and Intelligence by 12 for 35 minutes.
- Stuffed Pork Chop – Increase Intelligence by 20 for 30 minutes.
Basil is used in more advanced cooking recipes, so you will want it for higher grade dishes.
That’s everything we know about getting Basil in New World. You will find details on a lot more things about the game in the New World section of our website!