The Best Credit Cards for Costco Shopping. Shopping at Costco can yield great savings, and choosing the right credit card can enhance those savings with cash back, rewards, or other perks. Here’s a general guide on what to look for when choosing a credit card for shopping at Costco:
The Best Credit Cards for Costco Shopping
1. Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi
- 4% cash back on eligible gas for the first $7,000 per year and then 1% thereafter.
- 3% cash back on restaurants and eligible travel purchases.
- 2% cash back on all other purchases from Costco and Costco.com.
- 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- You need to be a Costco member to apply.
- Cash back is awarded annually and can only be redeemed at Costco.
2. Other Reward Credit Cards
While the Costco Anywhere Visa is likely the best bet for frequent Costco shoppers, you might also consider other cards with good cash back or rewards programs. Some possible options:
- Chase Freedom Flex or Unlimited: Offers cash back on all purchases, and sometimes features additional cash back in rotating categories.
- American Express Blue Cash Preferred: Known for its high cash back rates in certain categories like supermarkets and gas stations.
- Capital One Savor: Offers generous cash back on dining and entertainment.
- Bank of America Cash Rewards: Allows you to choose a category in which to earn higher cash back.
3. Travel Rewards Cards
If you travel frequently, consider a card that offers robust travel rewards and also has decent rewards for shopping.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred or Reserve: Offers points on travel and dining, and points can be transferred to several travel partners.
- American Express Platinum Card: Known for its luxury travel benefits, it also offers points on purchases.
4. Business Credit Cards
If you’re a business owner shopping at Costco for supplies, you may consider a business credit card.
- American Express Blue Business Cash: Offers cash back on all purchases.
- Chase Ink Business Cash: Offers cash back in various categories including office supply stores and on internet, cable, and phone services.
Things to Consider:
- Acceptance: Costco only accepts Visa credit cards in-store, so make sure any non-Costco card you choose is a Visa.
- Annual Fee: Consider whether the rewards you’ll earn will outweigh any annual fee a card might have.
- Reward Redemption: Make sure the rewards are easy to redeem and are in a form that’s useful to you (cash back, statement credit, travel miles, etc.).
- Other Benefits: Look at other benefits the card might offer, like extended warranties, travel insurance, or purchase protection.
Credit card offerings and reward programs change frequently, and what’s best for you will depend on your spending habits and reward preferences. It’s always a good idea to check the most current credit card offerings and read the terms and conditions carefully.
Also Checkout: The best Marriott Credit Cards