Best Hotel Credit Cards. As of my last training cut-off in January 2023, many hotel credit cards offered a range of benefits to cardholders, including free nights, elite status, and other travel perks. Here are some of the best hotel credit cards that were popular at that time:
Best Hotel Credit Cards
- Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card
- Sign-up Bonus: Varies, but often includes free night awards or bonus points.
- Earning Rate: Earn multiple points per dollar at Marriott properties and 2x points on all other purchases.
- Perks: Automatic Silver Elite status, free night award every year on your account anniversary, and more.
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass Card
- Sign-up Bonus: Varies, but typically includes a substantial amount of bonus points.
- Earning Rate: Earn multiple points per dollar on Hilton stays, at U.S. restaurants, supermarkets, and gas stations, and 3x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Perks: Complimentary Gold status, weekend night rewards, and 10 free Priority Pass lounge visits annually.
- IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card
- Sign-up Bonus: Often includes a substantial amount of bonus points.
- Earning Rate: Earn multiple points per dollar at IHG properties and 2x points on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants.
- Perks: One free night each year, Platinum Elite status, and a fourth night free on reward stays.
- World of Hyatt Credit Card
- Sign-up Bonus: Varies, but usually a good amount of bonus points.
- Earning Rate: Earn multiple points per dollar at Hyatt properties and 2x points on certain travel, dining, and health purchases.
- Perks: Free night every year, additional free night after spending a certain amount, and automatic Discoverist status.
- The Platinum Card from American Express
- While not strictly a hotel card, it offers excellent travel benefits.
- Sign-up Bonus: Variable, but typically includes Membership Rewards points.
- Earning Rate: Earn multiple points per dollar on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel, and on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Perks: Access to Centurion Lounges, Priority Pass lounges, $200 airline fee credit, Gold status with Marriott and Hilton, and more.
When considering a hotel credit card, it’s essential to weigh the annual fee, rewards earning rate, and perks. It’s also crucial to think about your travel habits and brand loyalty. If you frequently stay with a particular hotel chain, it might make sense to get that chain’s co-branded credit card.
Note: Credit card offers, benefits, and fees can change over time. It’s always a good idea to check the latest offers and terms directly from the issuer’s website or consult a financial advisor before making a decision.
Also Checkout: The Best Credit Cards With Trip Delay Insurance